- The role of cultural background in diagnosing psychotic disorders: Misclassification of psychiatric symptoms in Moroccan immigrants in the Netherlands
W. van den Brink
- Award date
- 7 February 2014
- Number of pages
- ’s-Hertogenbosch: Boxpress
- Document type
- PhD thesis
- Faculty of Medicine (AMC-UvA)
- The focus of this thesis is on the impact of cultural sensitive assessment of psychiatric symptoms in order to diagnose psychotic disorders and in particular schizophrenia in Moroccans living in Morocco and Moroccan immigrants in Utrecht, The Netherlands. The overall theme is culture-based misdiagnosis as a potential bias in the frequently reported high rates of schizophrenia among non-Western immigrants in Europe.
- Research conducted at: Universiteit van Amsterdam
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.