J. De Ridder
- An abundance study of the red giants in the seismology fields of the CoRoT satellite
- EPJ Web of Conferences
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- A precise characterisation of the red giants in the seismology fields of the CoRoT satellite is a prerequisite for further in-depth seismic modelling. The optical spectra obtained for 19 targets have been used to accurately estimate their fundamental parameters and chemical composition. The extent of internal mixing is also investigated through the abundances of Li, CNO and Na (as well as 12C/13C in a few cases).
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: 40th Liège International Astrophysical Colloquium Ageing Low Mass Stars: From Red Giants to White Dwarfs:
Liège, Belgium, July 9-13, 2012
Publisher: EDP Sciences
Place of publication: Les Ulis, France
Editors: J. Montalbán, A. Noels, V. Van Grootel
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.