M.P. Di Mauro
K. De Smedt
- Internal rotation of red giants by asteroseismology
- EPJ Web of Conferences
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- We present an asteroseismic approach to study the dynamics of the stellar interior in red giant stars by asteroseismic inversion of the splittings induced by the stellar rotation on the oscillation frequencies. We show preliminary results obtained for the red giant KIC4448777 observed by the space mission Kepler.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: 40th Liège International Astrophysical Colloquium Ageing Low Mass Stars: From Red Giants to White Dwarfs:
Liège, Belgium, July 9-13, 2012
Publisher: EDP Sciences
Place of publication: Les Ulis, France
Editors: J. Montalbán, A. Noels, V. Van Grootel
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.