B. de Keijzer
- The H-index can be Easily Manipulated
- Bulletin of the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
- We prove two complexity results about the H-index concerned with the Google scholar merge operation on one’s scientific articles. The results show that, although it is hard to merge one’s articles in an optimal way, it is easy to merge them in such a way that one’s H-index increases. This suggests the need for an alternative scientific performance measure that is resistant to this type of manipulation.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.