- A formal account of the dual extension of knowledge and concept in C-K design theory
- 11th International Design Conference DESIGN 2010: Dubrovnik - Croatia, May 17 - 20, 2010
- Book/source title
- 11th International Design Conference DESIGN 2010: Dubrovnik - Croatia, May 17 - 20, 2010. Proceedings
- Pages (from-to)
- Zagreb/Glasgow: Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture, University of Zagreb/The Design Society
- Volume (Publisher)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
The paper presents a contribution to the formalization efforts of C-K design theory. First, we analyze the notion of "dual expansion of concepts and knowledge" in C-K design theory and we discuss how such a reasoning process can be modeled using first-order logic. Then, we present a basic formal account of this notion. This framework is complementary to previous work formalizing the interaction of concepts and knowledge. Finally an attempt is made to sketch some possible extensions of the basic formal framework.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.