M. Del Santo
- Transient X-ray burster KS 1741-293 active again
- The astronomer's telegram
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- The transient X-ray burster KS 1741-293 (e.g., ATel #1531, #2465, #3632, #3646) has become active again. During observations as part of the INTEGRAL Galactic bulge monitoring program (see ATel #438) on (UT) 22 February 2013 15:22-19:04 and 24 February 07:04-10:45, the source brightened from 16+/-2 to 22+/-2 mCrab and 13+/-2 to 17+/-2 mCrab in the IBIS/ISGRI 18-40 and 40-100 keV bands, respectively.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.