- Swift detection of a third burst from SGR J1745-29
- The astronomer's telegram
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- At 02:09:09 UT on August 5th, 2013, Swift/BAT triggered on a short SGR-like burst (GCN #15069) consistent with the location of SGR J1745-29, a recently discovered magnetar near Sgr A* (e.g. Kennea et al., 2013). This is the third burst detected from SGR J1745-29 after its first on April 25th, 2013 (ATEL #5009) and second on June 7th, 2013 (ATEL #5124).
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.