- Obscuring Supersoft X-ray Sources in Stellar Winds
- Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- We investigate the possibility of obscuring supersoft X-ray sources in the winds of companion stars. We derive limits on the amount of circumstellar material needed to fully obscure a ‘canonical’ supersoft X-ray source in the Large Magellanic Cloud, as observed with the Chandra X-ray Observatory.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Binary paths to type Ia supernovae explosions: proceedings of the 281st Symposium of the International
Astronomical Union, held in Padova, Italy, July 4-8, 2011
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Place of publication: Cambridge
Editors: R.G. Di Stefano, M. Orio, M/. Moe
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.