- From Ordinary Differential Equations to Structural Causal Models: the deterministic case
- Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence; 29 (Bellevue, Wash.)
- Book/source title
- Uncertainty in artificial intelligence: proceedings of the twenty-ninth conference (2013): July 12-14, 2013, Bellevue, Washington, United States
- Pages (from-to)
- Corvallis, Oregon: AUAI Press
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- We show how, and under which conditions, the equilibrium states of a first-order Ordinary Differential Equation (ODE) system can be described with a deterministic Structural Causal Model (SCM). Our exposition sheds more light on the concept of causality as expressed within the framework of Structural Causal Models, especially for cyclic models.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.