H. van der Kooij
E. van de Vrie
- Formative assessment and learning analytics
- 3rd International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge
- Book/source title
- LAK 2013: Third International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge: 8-12 April, 2013, Leuven, Belgium
- Pages (from-to)
- New York: Association for Computing Machinery
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
Learning analytics seeks to enhance the learning process through systematic measurements of learning related data, and informing learners and teachers of the results of these measurements, so as to support the control of the learning process. Learning analytics has various sources of information, two main types being intentional and learner activity related metadata . This contribution aims to provide a practical application of Shum and Crick's theoretical framework  of a learning analytics infrastructure that combines learning dispositions data with data extracted from computer-based, formative assessments. The latter data component is derived from one of the educational projects of ONBETWIST, part of the SURF program 'Testing and Test Driven Learning'.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.