- ionFR: Ionospheric Faraday rotation [Dataset]
- Astrophysics Source Code Library
- Document type
- Web publication/site
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- IonFR calculates the amount of ionospheric Faraday rotation for a specific epoch, geographic location, and line-of-sight.
The code uses a number of publicly available, GPS-derived total electron content maps and the most recent release of the International
Geomagnetic Reference Field. ionFR can be used for the calibration of radio polarimetric observations; its accuracy had been
demonstrated using LOFAR pulsar observations.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.