R.D. van der Mei
- Scheduling in polling systems in heavy traffic
- Performance Evaluation Review
- Volume | Issue number
- 41 | 2
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
We consider the classical cyclic polling model with Poisson arrivals and with gated service at all queues, but where the local scheduling policies are not necessarily First-Come- First-Served (FCFS). More precisely, we study the waitingtime performance of polling models where the local service order is Last-Come-First-Served (LCFS), Random-Orderof- Service (ROS) or Processor Sharing (PS). Under heavytraffic conditions the waiting times turn out to converge to products of generalized trapezoidal distributions and a gamma distribution.
- go to publisher's site
- Special issue on the 31st international symposium on computer performance, modeling, measurements and evaluation (IFIPWG 7.3 Performance 2013)
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.