- On typical properties of Hilbert space operators
- Israel Journal of Mathematics
- Volume | Issue number
- 195 | 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- We study the typical behavior of bounded linear operators on infinite-dimensional complex separable Hilbert spaces in the
norm, strong-star, strong, weak polynomial and weak topologies. In particular, we investigate typical spectral properties,
the problem of unitary equivalence of typical operators, and their embeddability into C 0-semigroups. Our results provide
information on the applicability of Baire category methods in the theory of Hilbert space operators.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.