J.P. van der Heijden
- Telemedicine in dermatology: Evaluation of secondary and tertiary teledermatology
N.F. de Keizer
- Award date
- 18 October 2013
- Number of pages
- Document type
- PhD thesis
- Faculty of Medicine (AMC-UvA)
The field of dermatology was one of the first adaptors of telemedicine, dating back to 1995, and has one of the highest scientific output in the field of telemedicine. The research described in this thesis expanded on this scientific knowledge base by answering the following research questions:
1. What is the effect of a large-scale implementation of secondary teledermatology on efficiency, quality and costs of care when integrated in daily practice and applied following patient selection by the GP?
2. Can secondary care teledermatology be combined with dermoscopy images in a real world clinical setting?
3. Can the model of secondary teledermatology be applied to tertiary care models and what would be the effects on efficiency?
- Research conducted at: Universiteit van Amsterdam
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.