- Evaluating current and forthcoming proposals on JHA databases and a smart borders system at EU external borders
- Number of pages
- Brussels: European Parliament
- Volume | Edition (Serie)
- PE 462.513
- Document type
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research (AISSR)
- This study examines current and forthcoming measures related to the exchange of data and information in EU JHA policies, with a focus on the ‘smart borders’ initiative. It argues that there is no reversibility in the growing reliance on such schemes and asks whether current and forthcoming proposals are necessary and original. The study outlines the main challenges raised by the proposals, including issues related to the right to data protection, but also to privacy and non-discrimination.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.