- 'In the name of globalisation': southern and northern paradigms of educational development
- Book title
- Globalisation and europeanisation in education
- Pages (from-to)
- Oxford: Symposium Books
- Document type
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research (AISSR)
- This chapter compares the prevailing, official discourses on education and development in Latin America and the European Union. It highlights that in both cases the normative and explanatory frameworks have shifted from the national towards the global context. However, this initial shift was imposed in many Latin American countries (so that they paid back their debts in the 1980s), whereas it is a matter of harmonisation in Europe (since the Open Method of Coordination has been operating).
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.