- New avenues for reducing recidivism?
- Book title
- A good society is more than just a private affair
- Book subtitle
- Citizen based social work in practice
- Pages (from-to)
- Bremen: Europäischer Hochschulverlag
- Studies in Comparative Social Pedagogies and International Social Work
- Volume (Serie)
- Document type
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Research Institute of Child Development and Education (RICDE)
About the book:
Welfare societies are confronted with a new social quest: the problem of increasing numbers of people having difficulties in coping with daily complexity and the dramatic increase in users in youth care, mental health and the punitive system. The answer to this new social issue is not a Caring State but an Activating State. The new social quest asks for a new concept of citizenship on the one hand and a new social professional as 'generalist-specialist' or'professional friend', on the other hand. From there, different modern approaches in social work are presented, such as outreach social work, new avenues for reducing recidivism, making room for vulnerable people in the community, interethnic connecting in sports, good social care and a new profile for social workers.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.