- Infection related stress adaptations in the secretome and wall proteome of Candida albicans
- Award date
- 22 February 2013
- Number of pages
- Document type
- PhD thesis
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences (SILS)
- Alice Sorgo's main research question concerns the adaptability of the wall proteome and secretome of the opportunistic pathogenic
fungus Candida albicans. The question is how do these subproteomes adapt to environmental stess (high temperatures, iron restriction,
antifungal drugs) and how do these adaptations help the fungus.
She found that he wall proteome and secretome of Candida albicans is highly dynamic, depending on the environment.
- Research conducted at: Universiteit van Amsterdam
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.