- Responding to the event deluge
- Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
We present the VOEventNet infrastructure for large-scale rapid follow-up of astronomical events, including selection, annotation, machine intelligence, and coordination of observations. The VOEvent standard is central to this vision, with distributed and replicated services rather than centralized facilities. We also describe some of the event brokers, services, and software that are connected to the network. These technologies will become more important in the coming years, with new event streams from Gaia, LOFAR, LIGO, LSST, and many others.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Observatory operations: strategies, processes and systems IV : 4-6 July 2012, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Place of publication: Bellingham, Wash.
Editors: A.B. Peck, R.L. Seaman, F. Comeron