- MAXI J1647-227 is a Neutron Star X-ray Binary
- The astronomer's telegram
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- We report on ongoing monitoring observations of MAXI J1647-227 (Negoro et al., ATEL #4175, Kennea et al., ATEL #4178) by Swift.
During observations taken on June 19th, 2012, we detect a Type-I X-ray burst in a 230s long observation snapshot starting
09:46 UT. This identifies MAXI J1647-227 as containing a Neutron Star compact object.
At the time of the burst, MAXI J1647-227 light-curve is steady around 14 XRT count/s, during the Type-I burst, the light-curve peaks around 55 XRT count/s.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.