- The galactic center X-ray transient XMM J174457-2850.3 is a neutron star low-mass X-ray binary
- The astronomer's telegram
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- On 2012 August 11, Swift/BAT triggered on the galactic center X-ray transient XMM J174457-2850.3 (trigger 530588; GCN #13619),
which is currently in outburst (ATel #4305). We have analyzed the BAT and XRT data to investigate the nature of this trigger.
The BAT trigger occurred when Swift/XRT was observing the Galactic center and had XMM J174457-2850.3 in field of view. The XRT data was obtained in photon counting (PC) mode and consists of 2 intervals.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.