- A patient with clove oil intoxication
- Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- Volume | Issue number
- 40 | 2
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Dentistry (ACTA)
Faculty of Medicine (AMC-UvA)
- The article discusses the case of a 67-year-old man who was brought to the emergency room because of inability to speak and confusion. His medical history revealed hypertension and alcohol abuse. His neurological symptoms and laboratory abnormalities are caused by intoxication with clove oil combined with alcohol. He recovered completely after the administration of thiamine and fluids.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.