- Modeling Streams-based Variants of Ant Colony Optimisation for Parallel Systems: a Dataflow-driven Approach Using S-Net
- HiPEAC Workshop on Feedback-Directed Compiler Optimization for Multicore Architectures
- Book/source title
- FD-COMA 2012: Workshop on Feedback-Directed Compiler Optimization for Multicore Architectures: 7th International Conference on High-Performance and Embedded Architectures and Compilers: HIPEAC 2012: Paris, France, January 25, 2012
- Pages (from-to)
- [S.l.]: HIPEAC
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
In this paper we present the implementation of a concurrent ant colony optimisation based solver for the combinatorial Single Machine Total Weighted Tardiness Problem (ACOSMTWTP). We introduce S-Net, a coordination language based on dataflow principles, report on the performance of the implementation and compare it against a sequential and a parallel implementation of the same algorithm in C. As the workload of the optimisation algorithm is highly irregular we consider this application to be an important use-case for runtime measurement directed optimisations of the coordination rogram as much as for guiding optimisations of numerical code.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.