- Ingredients for a user interface to support media studies researchers in data collection
- CEUR Workshop Proceedings
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- We describe our efforts to design an interface that supports media studies researchers in collecting data. Based on interviews about their search behavior we arrive at a set of search scenarios and for each we identify IR techniques that provide the required functionality. We end with a discussion about the implementation of such an interface and its re-usability across the humanities.
- Proceedings title: Proceedings of the 2nd European Workshop on Human-Computer Interaction and Information Retrieval: EuroHCIR2012:
24th-25th August 2012 - Nijmegen, The Netherlands: a workshop at IIiX2012
Place of publication: Aachen
Editors: M.L. Wilson, T. Russell-Rose, B. Larsen, J. Kalbach
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.