J. van Hooff
- From binary cube triangulations to acute binary simplices
- International Conference Applications of Mathematics 2012
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the International Conference Applications of Mathematics 2012: in honor of the 60th birthday of Michal Křížek
- Pages (from-to)
- Prague: Institute of Mathematics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- Cottle's proof that the minimal number of 0=1-simplices needed to triangulate the unit 4-cube equals 16 uses a modest amount of computer generated results. In this paper we remove the need for computer aid, using some lemmas that may be useful also in a broader context. One of the 0=1-simplices involved, the so-called antipodal simplex, has acute dihedral angles. We continue with the study of such acute binary simplices and point out their possible relation to the Hadamard determinant problem.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.