- International Workshop on Socially-Aware Multimedia (SAM'12)
- The 20th ACM international conference on Multimedia
- Book/source title
- MM'12 : the proceedings of the 20th ACM international conference on multimedia, co-located with ACM Multimedia 2012, October 29-November 2, 2012, Nara, Japan
- Pages (from-to)
- New York: Association for Computing Machinery
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
Multimedia social communication is filtering into everyday use. Videoconferencing is appearing in the living room and beyond, television is becoming smart and social, and media sharing applications are transforming the way we converse and recall events. The confluence of computer-mediated interaction, social networking, and multimedia content are radically reshaping social communications, bringing new challenges and opportunities. This workshop provides an opportunity to explore socially-aware multimedia, in which the social dimension of mediated interactions between people are considered as important as the characteristics of the media content. Even though this social dimension is implicitly addressed in some current solutions, further research is needed to better understand what makes multimedia socially-aware. In other words, social interactivity needs to become a first class citizen of multimedia research.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.