- Expected shortfall for distributions in finance
- Book title
- Statistical tools for finance and insurance
- Pages (from-to)
- Heidelberg: Springer
- Edition (Publisher)
- ISBN (electronic)
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
- It has been nearly 50 years since the appearance of the pioneering paper of Mandelbrot (1963) on the non-Gaussianity of financial asset returns, and their highly fat-tailed nature is now one of the most prominent and accepted stylized facts. The recent book by Jondeau et al. (2007) is dedicated to the topic, while other chapters and books discussing the variety of non-Gaussian distributions of use in empirical finance include McDonald (1997), Knight and Satchell (2001), and Paolella (2007).
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.