J. van der Woning
- Interactive visualization and task management on the 48-core Intel SCC
- 6th Many-core Applications Research Community (MARC) Symposium
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the 6th Many-core Applications Research Community (MARC) Symposium: July 19th-20th 2012
- Pages (from-to)
- Toulouse: ONERA, The French Aerospace Lab
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
In this paper we propose and describe how we have built a tool that enables a user to interactively monitor and manage a many-core system like the 48-core experimental Singlechip Cloud Computer (SCC), which was created by Intel Labs targeting the many-core research community. We provide the user with a visual representation of the current state of the system on multiple levels of detail, such as chip, core and task. We allow the user to create, start, pause and migrate tasks across different cores. We also allow the user to easily adjust the voltage and frequency of the chip. However this tool can run on any PC with a screen and input devices, we have optimized the interface to run on a multi-touch device for the best ease of use.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.