- Institutional constraints on strategic maneuvering in shared decision medical decision making
- Journal of Argumentation in Context
- Volume | Issue number
- 1 | 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA)
- In this paper it is first investigated to what extent the institutional goal and basic principles of shared decision making
are compatible with the aim and rules for critical discussion. Next, some techniques that doctors may use to present their
own treatment preferences strategically in a shared decision making process are discussed and evaluated both from the perspective
of the ideal of shared decision making and from that of critical discussion.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.