- Towards a Flexible Semantics: Colour Terms in Collaborative Reference Tasks
- *SEM 2012: The First Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics
- Book/source title
- SEM 2012: the First Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics, Volume 1 : Proceedings of the Main Conference and Shared Task
- Pages (from-to)
- Stroudsburg, PA: Association for Computational Linguistics
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
- We report ongoing work on the development of agents that can implicitly coordinate with their partners in referential tasks, taking as a case study colour terms. We describe algorithms for generation and resolution of colour descriptions and report results of experimentson how humans use colour terms for reference in production and comprehension.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.