- Systemic liquidity risk: a European approach
- VOX : Research-based Policy Analysis and Commentary from leading Economists
- Volume | Issue number
- 2011 | 25 October
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam Business School Research Institute (ABS-RI)
- How should financial regulators address problems stemming from liquidity risk? This column argues that the liquidity coverage
and net funding ratios proposed for Basel III are economically and politically impractical. It recommends using those ratios
as long-term targets while imposing ‘prudential risk surcharges’ on deviations from the targets.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.