- A formal infinite dimensional Cauchy problem and its relation to integrable hierarchies
- International Workshop on Quantized Algebra and Physics (Tianjin, China, 23-26 July 2009)
- Book/source title
- Quantized Algebra and Physics: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Quantizided Algebra and Physics, Tianjin, China, 23 - 26 July 2009
- Pages (from-to)
- Singapore: World Scientific
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- In this paper it is shown under mild assumptions that the local solvability of an infinite dimensional formal Cauchy problem is equivalent to a set of zero curvature relations. The role of this type of Cauchy problems plays in integrable systems is illustrated at the hand of lower triangular Toda hierarchies.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.