- Fast faceted search in XML: using XQuery and ondexes in eXist-db
- XML Prague 2011
- Book/source title
- XML Prague 2011, March 26-27. Posters
- Praha: XMLPrague.cz & Institute for Theoretical Computer Science
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- We present and compare three implementations of faceted search in eXist-db, an XML database. The bit-vector based implementation
outperforms the other two implementations in that performance is near constant when the size of the database grows. We investigate
this method in detail to pinpoint the source of this speedup. We do so using a micro-benchmark based on XMark designed for
evaluating faceted search.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.