J. van Wees
- Succinct summaries of narrative events using social networks
- The 22nd ACM conference on Hypertext and hypermedia
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the 22nd ACM conference on Hypertext and hypermedia
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
This paper addresses the following research aim: provide a useful but succinct summary of long narrative events involving the interaction of several speakers. The summary should enable users to navigate to specific parts of the event using hyperlinks.
Our solution is based on a representation of the main actors of the event and their interactions as a social network. The solution is applicable to events in which these interactions are more or less formally structured and detectable. This includes theatre and radio plays, recordings of a scientific workshop, proceedings of parliament and meetings notes in general.
- go to publisher's site