- A query performance analysis for result diversification
- Book/source title
- Advances in Information Retrieval Theory
- Book/source subtitle
- Third International Conference, ICTIR 2011, Bertinoro, Italy, September 12-14, 2011 : proceedings
- Pages (from-to)
- Heidelberg: Springer
- ISBN (electronic)
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science: 0302-9743
- Volume (Serie)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- Which queries stand to gain or loose from diversifying their results?
Some queries are more difficult than others for diversification. Across a number
of conceptually different diversification methods, performance on such queries
tends to deteriorate after applying these diversification methods, even though their
initial performance in terms of relevance or diversity tends to be good.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.