- Teaching foresight and the future
- IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam Business School Research Institute (ABS-RI)
We train students as retrospective observers who specialize in evidence-based post hoc analysis. Building on action research and a cry for relevance, we witness the emergence of engaged scholarship and focus on the present and ongoing affairs. However, the future appears to be virtually
neglected in the IS management curricula and organizational studies. In keeping with the theme of the meeting, the objective of the panel is to demonstrate the relevance of foresight and future in our curriculum and its critical role in nurturing the next generation.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Researching the Future in Information Systems: IFIP WG 8.2 Working Conference, Turku, Finland, June 6-8,
Place of publication: Heidelberg
Editors: M. Chiasson, O. Henfridsson, H. Karsten, J.I. DeGross
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.