- Dialogue games for classical logic
- 20th International Conference on Automated Reasoning with Analytic Tableaux and Related Methods (Tableaux 2011)
- Book/source title
- TABLEAUX 2011: Workshops, Tutorials, and Short Papers
- Pages (from-to)
- Bern: Universität Bern
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
We define a class of dialogue games and prove that existence of winning strategies for the Proponent in this class of games corresponds to validity in classical propositional logic. Many authors have stated similar results without actually proving the correspondence. We modify the games used for intuitionistic logic given by Ferm¨uller . We employ standard dialogue games and a standard sequent calculus for classical logic. The result is a simple correspondence between dialogue games and classical logic.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.