- Searching massive data streams using multipattern regular expressions
- IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
- This paper describes the design and implementation of lightgrep, a multipattern regular expression search tool that efficiently
searches massive data streams. lightgrep addresses several shortcomings of existing digital forensic tools by taking advantage
of recent developments in automata theory. The tool directly simulates a nondeterministic finite automaton, and incorporates
a number of practical optimizations related to searching with large pattern sets.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Advances in digital forensics VII: 7th IFIP WG 11.9 International Conference on Digital Forensics, Orlando,
FL, USA, January 31-February 2, 2011: revised selected papers
Place of publication: Heidelberg
Editors: G. Petersen, S. Shenoi
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.