- Learning banknote fitness for sorting
- International Conference on Pattern Analysis and Intelligent Robotics, 2011
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the 2011 International Conference on Pattern Analysis and Intelligent Robotics: 28-29 June 2011, Putrajaya, Malaysia. - Vol. 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Piscataway, NJ: IEEE
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- In this work, a machine learning method is proposed for banknote soiling determination. We apply proven techniques from computer
vision to come up with a robust and effective method for automatic sorting of banknotes. The proposed method is evaluated
with respect to various invariance classes. The method shows excellent performance on a large validation set of over 8,000
banknotes from the Eurosystem, while being learned on only 300 banknotes per denomination.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.