- The Langevin limit of the Nosé-Hoover-Langevin thermostat
- Journal of Statistical Physics
- Volume | Issue number
- 143 | 4
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- In this note we study the asymptotic limit of large variance in a stochastically perturbed thermostat model, the Nosé-Hoover-Langevin
device. We show that in this limit, the model reduces to a Langevin equation with one-dimensional Wiener process, and that
the perturbation is in the direction of the conjugate momentum vector. Numerical experiments with a double well potential
corroborate the asymptotic analysis.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.