- Making overtures: literature and journalism, 1968 and 2011: a Dutch perspective
- Literary Journalism Studies
- Volume | Issue number
- 3 | 2
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam Institute for Humanities Research (AIHR)
- The article compares the literary journalism in the Netherlands between 1968 and 2011. It examines the attraction of writers
to journalism by comparing Dutch authors of each period, namely, Harry Mullisch of the "New Journalism Movement" and Arnon
Grunberg of the "New New Journalism" movement. It concludes that since 1968 there has been a devaluation of literature, the
rise and fall of postmodernism, and fundamental changes in the way news is brought and perceived by the public..
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.