- Experiences in porting the SVP concurrency model to the 48-core Intel SCC using dedicated copy cores
- Universitaet Potsdam. Hasso-Plattner-Institut fuer Softwaresystemtechnik. Technische Berichte
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
The Single-chip Cloud Computer (SCC) is a 48-core experimental processor created by Intel Labs targeting the manycore research community. It has hardware support for sending short messages between cores, while large messages have to go through off-chip shared memory. In this paper we discuss our implementation of the SVP model of concurrency on this architecture, and how we deal with its distributed memory design and communication bottlenecks. We employ our previously developed copy core technique and show which approaches show scalable performance against our original implementation.
- Proceedings title: Proceedings of the 4th Many-core Applications Research Community (MARC) Symposium
Publisher: Universitätsverlag Potsdam
Place of publication: Potsdam
Editors: P. Tröger, A. Polze
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.