- Seven things to remember about hidden Markov models: a tutorial on Markovian models for time series
- Journal of Mathematical Psychology
- Volume | Issue number
- 55 | 6
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Psychology Research Institute (PsyRes)
- This paper provides a tutorial on key issues in hidden Markov modeling. Hidden Markov models have become very popular models
for time series and longitudinal data in recent years due to a combination of (relative) simplicity and flexibility in adapting
the model to novel situations. The tutorial covers the conceptual description of the model, estimation of parameters through
maximum likelihood, and ends with an application to real data illustrating the possibilities.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.