J. H. Grunhut
- The constant magnetic field of ξ^ CMa: geometry or slow rotation?
- Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- We report recent observations of the sharp-lined magnetic βCep pulsator ξ1 CMa (= HD 46328). The longitudinal magnetic field of this star is detected consistently, but it is not observed to vary significantly, during nearly 5 years of observation. In this poster we evaluate whether the constant longitudinal field is due to intrinsically slow rotation, or rather if the stellar or magnetic geometry is responsible.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Proceedings IAU Symposium
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.