[Unknown] et al.
E. de Wolf
- ANTARES: the first undersea neutrino telescope
- Nuclear Instruments & Methods in Physics Research Section A - Accelerators Spectrometers Detectors and Associated Equipment
- Volume | Issue number
- 656 | 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for High Energy Physics (IHEF)
- The ANTARES Neutrino Telescope was completed in May 2008 and is the first operational Neutrino Telescope in the Mediterranean
Sea. The main purpose of the detector is to perform neutrino astronomy and the apparatus also offers facilities for marine
and Earth sciences. This paper describes the design, the construction and the installation of the telescope in the deep sea,
offshore from Toulon in France. An illustration of the detector performance is given.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.