- First non-zero terms for the Taylor expansion at 1 of the Conway potential function
- Moscow University Mathematics Bulletin
- Volume | Issue number
- 66 | 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- The Conway potential function ∇ L (t 1,...,t l ) of an ordered oriented link L = L 1 ∪ L 2 ∪ ... ∪ L l ⊂ S 3 is considered.
In general, this function is not determined by the linking numbers and the Conway potential functions of the components. However,
the first two nonzero terms of the Taylor expansion at the point 1 of the function ∇ L are determined by the linking numbers
only. We give the explicit formulas for these terms using summation over trees with l vertices.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.