- Fatal cerebral phaeohyphomycosis in an immunocompetent individual due to Thielavia subthermophila: case report and review of the literature
- Journal of Clinical Microbiology
- Volume | Issue number
- 45 | 6
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics (IBED)
- We report the first case of fatal brain infection in an Indian farmer caused by Thielavia subthermophila, a dematiaceous thermophilic
fungus in the order Sordariales, and present a review of previous infections from this order. The patient failed amphotericin
B therapy combined with surgical excision despite the drug's low MICs in vitro.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.