M. Cadolle Bel
- Bright mid-infrared detections of MAXI J1836-194 with VISIR on the VLT: brightening of the compact jet
- The astronomer's telegram
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- The new X-ray transient MAXI J1836-194 is a black hole candidate X-ray binary (BHXB; ATel #3611, #3613, #3628 #3652). Its X-ray spectrum was seen to soften (ATel #3618, #3652) but the X-ray flux has recently decayed and the spectrum has hardened (see link below for the light curve and evolution in the X-ray hardness-intensity diagram).
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.