- Structure and interpretation of rhythm in music
- Book title
- The Psychology of Music
- Pages (from-to)
- Amsterdam: Elsevier Academic Press
- Edition (Publisher)
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
Amsterdam Institute for Humanities Research (AIHR)
- This chapter reviews the temporal aspects of music perception and cognition. This topic has quite a history as a research topic, covered extensively by two chapters by Paul Fraisse and Eric F. Clarke in the first and second edition of this volume, respectively. However, this chapter focuses primarily on the developments in the past ten years. More precisely, it gives an overview of rhythm, meter, timing, and tempo from a music theoretical and cognitive perspective.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.