- Building brands with interactive websites? The influence of perceived interactivity and prior brand experience on brand relationship and brand image
- 10th International Conference on Research in Advertising (ICORIA)
- Book/source title
- The 10th ICORIA 2011 Berlin: June 23rd-25th 2011: conference programme [DVD]
- European Advertising Academy
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)
Although the literature on effects of website interactivity is rapidly evolving, thus far, hardly any studies have investigated whether interactivity is capable of building brands. Therefore, the aim of the present study is to investigate the influence of perceived interactivity on brand relationship quality and brand image, and to investigate the moderating role of prior brand experience. Results of an empirical study showed that website interactivity had a positive influence on participants’ brand relationship and brand image. This effect was stronger for people that do not use the brand regularly than for people with high levels of brand experience. Thus, interactivity is more important for building relationships than for maintaining relationships.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.